Thursday, January 27, 2011

Filling in the gaps

Now that we have the corners on, it's time to fill in with the rest of the triangles.

Once again, I prefer the "chunky" assembly method. I sewed a plain triangle to each pieced triangle first.

And then attached them all to each other.

After that, we can sew the strips to the corners. Remember how you only sewed about 2" into the second triangle when attaching the corner sections? That was so that you could attach the "inbetween" triangles more easily.

Now you should have this:

And, once again, I marked those little seam points.

Stay tuned for another "ta-da!" moment.

8 comments:

  1. magnificent work !! :)
    I hope I will learn it sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming along great - you will be so glad to see the end results!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt is probably the most amazing thing i've EVER seen.
    just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! I know you must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like everything is fitting together without a hitch. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Googled "dear jane" quilts and found your blog. I'm impressed! Wow. Awesome 'block' making. I'm a newbie, so this can be a dream for my future. Thanks for sharing, and for the photos! Debi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I am not even sure the blog string I was on when I found your blog, but WOW! This quilt is gorgeous! Does the pattern in the Dear Jane book have such detail on the border? This is amazing!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete